Pricing details for our SMS packages can be found on our pricing page.
SMS packages are a lump sum balance in US Dollars. The balance is drawn down by three things:
1) Each phone number uses $2 per month.
2) Each text message sent or received uses $0.03 (three cents). If the SMS package purchased was $500 or more, each text uses $0.02 (two cents).
3) If your texting number is set to forward "regular" voice phone calls to another number (like your organization's main phone number), then forwarded calls are treated like text messages. The duration of a forwarded call is measured in minutes, with each minute counting as a text message. In practice, forwarded voice calls are usually not a significant portion of SMS package expenses.
SMS balance does NOT expire after one year and simply rolls forward. Texting services will keep working even if the balance is all used up. We will catch up on the billing at next renewal. You can monitor your SMS package usage in the admin dashboard's Accounts page (administrator login required).
No worries! Here is a simple example...
Let's say you have purchased a $50 package and you have one phone number.
Let's say you have purchased a $50 package and you add a SECOND phone number.
Each inbound or outbound SMS is $0.03 (or $0.02 if you purchased a $500 or larger package). This is a *per message* expense, not a *per conversation* expense. For example, take the following conversation:
Texting guest: Is this the best library in the world?
Librarian: Yes. Yes it is.
Texting guest: I knew it! thanks.
This single conversation contains THREE text messages and will draw $0.09 from your SMS package balance, or $0.06 if you have the large-SMS-package discount.
Yes, that's an example based on a year of usage and a single number. Remember that each phone number is $2/month, or $24/yr. So in a one-year timeline, that leaves $26 of the original $50 available for messages. And $26 allows for 867 text messages at $0.03/each. Here is the math:
$50 SMS package
- $24 (phone number @ $2/month for 12 months)
- $26 (867 messages * $0.03/each = $26)
$0 (SMS package is completely used up.)
That's right, SMS packages do not expire after a year. If you use 200 text messages in a year, that costs $6 (200 messages * $0.03 = $6.00). Given that one phone number will use $24 during the year, you'll wind up with $20 remaining balance to carry over into the next year. Here is how that math looks:$50 SMS package
Yes! In the admin dashboard, check the Accounts page. Its menu item in the left navigation bar looks like a dollar sign. Only account administrators have permissions to view this page.
You can add additional SMS packages at any time to increase your balance. We'll always catch your balance up at the annual renewal time as well.
Texting services keep working if the balance becomes negative. We will catch up at the next renewal. If by chance a customer with a negative texting balance wants to cancel their account, the texting number is released and the customer will pay a final invoice on the used SMS balance.